♥ Specializing in Adorable and Affordable Custom Boutique Clothing ♥

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Show and Tell Friday~Baby Set


Hey everyone! This is Heart Of A Mommy.... I am putting my Show and Tell Friday post on this blog because I don't want my sister to see it! She doesn't really know that I have this blog, so I think it's safe. ;-)


The reason being, is that I made an outfit set for her new baby that she's expecting and she hasn't received the present yet. Although she should soon as it's on its way to her right now. :)


My little girl's doll is modeling the outfit, LOL! This is the whole ensemble. Hat, Dress, Pants, and Booties.

The dress is made of brown fabric with sweet multi-colored polka dots. The pants and contrasting fabric on the dress is a girly girl pink.
I crocheted the hat and flowers for the hat. This is an extremely easy pattern that I found online for free

These Booties are made out of felt. I did a blanket stitch around the edges. My sewing machine has this simple embroidery stitch that I stitched around the toe of the shoe. This booties pattern is a Simplicity archival pattern that they re-released. I also sewed on transparent brown ribbon with white polka dots to tie the booties on.


I am extremely pleased with the way this set turned out! ♥


To see what others are showing and telling please visit Kelli at "There's No Place Like Home"

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!! Now I wish I were pregnant again so you can send ME one....how darling!!!!! Love it.

    My show n tell is now posted. Do drop in if you can find some time to visit.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous. The booties are beyond beautiful. It will be exciting to see a new baby wearing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT"S PRECIOUS!!!!
    The whole outfit is adorable...I love the hat and shoes...and all the extra details!!!
    What a wonderful and thoughtful Sister and Aunt!!! Have a wonderful weekend..julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister is a lucky girl to have someone as talented and loving as you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely precious ! :)

    I think your sister would absolutely enjoy this gift...I am enjoying this gift :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us...

    Lady M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute outfit! I love the had and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taht's so seet, what a great gift. I'm sure that she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sweet, what a great gift. I'm sure that she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete