♥ Specializing in Adorable and Affordable Custom Boutique Clothing ♥

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Got a New Toy!!!

My sweet........ understanding......... husband....(dreamy sigh).....

Well, he gave me a wonderful gift of a brand spanking new serger!


This is what he got me:



I went "Serger" comparison shopping yesterday. First I went to the Bernina sewing center, then I went to Joanne's and looked at their Husky Lock put out by Husqvarna.

I already have a Interlude 445 Viking! (Whoop Whoop!) so I am famliar with the product. (By the way, I have had my Viking for three years and *nothing* has gone wrong with it. Whereas my brother would give me fits every time I sewed with it)

Well, Viking had their almost the top of the line serger's on sale for the same price as Bernina's bottom of the line serger...and Bernina's wasn't computerized either!

When I went to Joannes, (where I purchased my baby lock serger 11 years ago) they called the repair department and told them that finding the part to fix my serger would be difficult...and I needed one fast!

I get to pick up my new toy on Thursday! ♥

Here is the description on Husqvarna's website:

Huskylock 910
Sewing is fast, easy, and fun with the right tools. Combine the speed and professional finish of your Huskylock with the versatility of your Husqvarna Viking sewing machine for unlimited creativity.
The 2/3/4- thread Huskylock 910 features the exclusive Sewing Advisor. The Sewing Advisor instantly sets the best stitch length and differential feed, recommends thread tension, needle and more for perfect results. Simply enter the weight and type of fabric you are sewing and the technique you want to sew, the rest is automatic.
Overlock with no waves or puckers on knits and specialty fabrics thanks to the differential feed. Simply turn the differential feed dial to achieve smooth, even results for any technique on any fabric from sheers to knits to wovens. Turn the dial again for speed gathering. It’s that easy!
Choose from 11 pre-programmed stitches and 6 built-in fabric types. Better yet, program your own settings for specialty techniques on either model and store them in one of 50 personal memories for future use.
For piecing quilts, set your Huskylock to a perfect scant 1/4" seam allowance and begin sewing. You’ll never run out of bobbin thread.The 910 also has the specialty thread guide for decorative threads. Finish and embellish any type of fabric.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait til I have little ones so I can order from you! Your work is beautiful. And, congrats on the "new toy!"

    ReplyDelete